The baking adventures proceed right here at Informal Distinction HQ! This scone recipe has been a giant hit with Millie and Benn–and I really like them too! They’re actually fast and simple to place along with actually primary components that I virtually all the time have available. I hate it when bloggers say that, however I promise there aren’t any weird components on this one!
For the scones, you’ll need:
- 2 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, chilly
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2/3 C milk
For the glaze, you’ll need:
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in mixing bowl.
- Reduce chilly butter into cubes and work it into the flour combination. I like to do that with my stand mixer with a paddle attachment, on medium velocity for a number of minutes. I take advantage of my fingers to complete the job so the flour and butter is sweet and crumbly.
- Add sugar and provides it a fast combine.
- Add milk and mix till a dough varieties.
- Place dough on a floured floor and knead till agency and workable. Form right into a disc about 1 1/2 inches thick. Reduce into 6-8 wedges.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 14-16 minutes.
- Whereas baking, make glaze. Mix all components in a bowl and whisk collectively.
- Drizzle glaze over barely cooled scones and high with sprinkles in case you’re baking with a 3 12 months outdated!
- Get pleasure from!