Newsflash: it doesn’t matter when you name it lip balm, lip masks or lip lotion, it’s all the identical factor. A moisturiser in your lips.
No marvel that Laneige Lip Sleeping Masks “doubles up” as a lip balm then. I’d be stunned if it didn’t…
So do you want it? It relies upon. You DON’T want a particular sleeping masks in your lips, however you positive DO want a great moisturizer for them. And Laneige Lip Sleeping Masks is healthier than most. Right here’s why:
What’s In Laneige Lip Sleeping Masks?
EMOLLIENTS TO MOISTURISE SKIN
Neglect concerning the berry advanced Laneige Lip Sleeping Masks boasts about. This lip balm will get its moisturising properties from a bunch of artificial emollients.
FYI, emollients are lubracting brokers that kind a layer in your pores and skin that moisturizes it. The principle ones on this lip masks/balm are:
- Diisostearyl Malate: An emollient made up of malic acid and isostearyl alcohol, it’s generally utilized in lip merchandise.
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene: An artificial oil used as a mineral oil substitute, it helps forestall water loss.
- Phytosteryl / Isostearyl / Cetyl / Stearyl / Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate: An oil-soluble emollient that works higher than lanolin. It’s nice at holding water, serving to to maintain pores and skin hydrated for longer.
Don’t let the lengthy, chemical names idiot you. These emollients are secure. They preserve your lips mushy and clean with out inflicting any undesirable unwanted side effects.
SHEA BUTTER TO PREVENT WATER LOSS
Not all of the moisturising components in Laneige Lip Sleeping Masks are artificial. Take Shea Butter, for instance.
Derived from the nut of the Shea tree, this butter is wealthy in fatty acids (together with oleic acid, stearic acid, linoleic acid, palmitic acid, and linolenic acid) that make it a wonderful moisturizer.
It really works by making a barrier on the pores and skin that retains water in. It’s so efficient, its moisturizing properties last as long as 8 hours!
Struggling to place collectively a skincare routine that banishes dryness and makes your pores and skin supple and dewy? Obtain your FREE “Finest Skincare Routine For Dry Pores and skin” to get began (it options product suggestions + proper utility order):
The Relaxation Of The System
NOTE: The colors point out the effectiveness of an ingredient. It’s ILLEGAL to place poisonous and dangerous components in skincare merchandise.
- Inexperienced: It’s efficient, confirmed to work, and helps the product do the absolute best job in your pores and skin.
- Yellow: There’s not a lot proof it really works (no less than, but).
- Crimson: What is that this doing right here?!
- Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin): An emollient that makes lips softer and smoother.
- Polybutene: A sticky liquid that holds collectively the components of the lip balm.
- Artificial Wax: It provides the lip balm a strong consistency.
- Microcrytalline Wax / Cera Microcristallina / Cire Microcristalline: An alternative choice to paraffin wax, it’s a kind of wax produced by de-oiling petroleum. It has emollient properties and offers the lip balm a strong texture.
- Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Candelilla Cera / Cire De Candelilla: Derived from the Candelilla shrub, it creates a protecting barrier on the pores and skin that protects it from the weather and retains moisture in to hydrate lips.
- Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate: One other emollient that makes lips softer and smoother.
- Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer: It provides merchandise a clean, gel texture.
- Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer: It helps to kind gel textures and reduces water loss, so your lips keep hydrated for longer.
- Mica (CI 77019): A multi-tasker that provides the lip palm light-reflecting properties, helps it adhere to pores and skin, and will increase product slip.
- Astrocaruym Murumuru Seed Butter: Derived from the Brazilian palm tree, it’s an emollient that makes lips softer and helps pores and skin retain moisture for further hydration.
- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891): A sunscreen agent, it’s right here to extend the opaqueness of the lip balm.
- Dimethicone: A well-liked silicone that fills in high quality traces and any nooks and crannies in your lips, giving them a smoother look and a softer really feel. Dimethicone has a foul rep for suffocating pores and skin, but it surely doesn’t. It’s made up of massive molecules with broad gaps in between them. These gaps enable pores and skin to perspire.
- Perfume / Fragrance: Perfume it’s essentially the most irritating ingredient in skincare product. But it surely does make the lip balm odor good.
- Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate: It’s an emollient that makes pores and skin softer and smoother.
- Dehydroacetic Acid: A preservative that retains the lip balm secure from micro organism and germs that will spoil it.
- Methicone: One other silicone that creates a protecting barrier on the pores and skin that retains water in, so lips keep hydrated for longer.
- Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Cera Carnauba / Cire De Carnauba: Derived from from the leaves of the Brazilian tropical palm tree, Copernicia cerifera, it provides the lip balm its strong texture.
- Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate: It retains the oily and watery components of the system from separating.
- Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985): It imparts a yellowish tint to skincare merchandise.
- Crimson 6 (CI 15850): It imparts a reddish tint to skincare merchandise.
- Polyhydroxystearic Acid: A mushy, pliable wax used to thicken and stabilise formulation.
- Water / Aqua / Eau: A solvent used to dissolve different components.
- Potassium Alginate: A preservative that extends the shelf lifetime of the lip balm.
- Propanediol: It helps different components higher penetrate pores and skin, though right here it’s principally used as part of the preservative help system to increase the shelf lifetime of the lip balm.
- Glycerin: A humectant that pulls moisture from the air into your pores and skin, serving to to maintain it hydrated for longer.
- Alcohol: A solvent used to dissolve different components. Alcohol can irritate delicate pores and skin, however within the small concentrations used right here, it’s unlikely to have any unwanted side effects.
- Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract: An antioxidant that helps forestall wrinkles.
- Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract: One other antioxidant that fights free radicals, the nasty molecules that offer you untimely wrinkles.
- Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract: A pores and skin conditioning agent that makes lips softer and smoother.
- Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract: One other pores and skin conditioning agent that makes lips softer and smoother.
- Sapindus Mukorossi Fruit Extract: It has antioxidant properties and may additionally be used as a preservative.
- Vaccinum Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract: A robust supply of antioxidants that assist your pores and skin keep younger-looking for longer.
- Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Extract: Wealthy supply of anthocyanins, beta-carotene, & vitamin E, it has antioxidant and soothing properties that combat wrinkles and settle down irritations.
- Espresso Arabica (Espresso) Seed Extract: One other highly effective antioxidant that fights free radicals earlier than they offer you wrinkles.
- Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract: Wealthy in important fatty acids, it strengthens the pores and skin’s protecting barrier and helps it retain moisture for softer, suppler, extra hydrated lips.
- Magnesium Sulfate: It has anti-inflammatory properties that cut back redness and irritation.
- Calcium Chloride: It will increase the viscosity of skincare merchandise.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: A robust humectant that pulls and binds to the pores and skin as much as 1000 instances its weight in water. All that further hydration plumps up pores and skin, making it softer and smoother.
- Beta-Gluten: One other hydrator that enhances the pores and skin’s protecting barrier and makes pores and skin softer and smoother.
- Manganese Sulfate: I couldn’t discover related information on what it does in skincare merchandise. I have to admit, even I’m not positive why that is right here!
- Zinc Sulfate: It provides a slight tingling sensation to pores and skin. The sort of components will be irritating, so not a fan.
- Ascorbyl Glucoside: A spinoff of Vitamin C with antioxidant properties. Within the small focus used right here, it gained’t do a lot.
The lip balm has a thick texture that goes on colourless and takes a couple of minutes to soak up. This is usually a dealbreaker for some folks, particularly in case your lips are in good situation and also you simply need one thing keep hydration ranges and provides them a pleasant sheen. In case your lips are on the dry aspect, you’ll recognize the thick texture extra.
Laneige Lip Sleeping Masks has a powerful strawberry scent that jogs my memory of bubblegum. A bit too sturdy for my style, but it surely doesn’t linger round lengthy. However hey, I do know many individuals find it irresistible. Scents are a matter of non-public choice.
What’s not private choice however a chilly laborious truth is that perfume is essentially the most irritating ingredient in skincare merchandise. Certain, most individuals can use it with none downside. They benefit from the odor and expertise no unwanted side effects. But when your lips are delicate and the lip balms irritate it, now you realize why.
How To Use It
Laneige Lip Sleeping Masks can be utilized in two alternative ways:
- Sleeping masks: Apply a beneficiant layer in your lips earlier than going to sleep.
- Lip balm: Apply a skinny layer to your lips each time they want the additional moisture.
I exploit it principally as a sleeping masks as a result of I dislike making use of lip balms with my fingers or an applicator. Tubes are extra handy. However within the night, after I can simply go away it on and never reapply it for hours, this can be a good, in a single day deal with in your lips.
Efficiency & Private Opinion
When you’re in search of a little bit of color, Laneige Lip Sleeping Masks isn’t for you. The mushy pink balm goes on clear.
I like to make use of a beneficiant quantity earlier than I fall asleep. You don’t must. In case your lips aren’t all dry and chapped, you will get away with a skinny layer. I simply use extra as a result of it feels extra snug on my lips.
Once I get up within the morning, my lips feels so mushy and kissable. My lipstick goes on extra easily. Better of all, I discover myself reapplying lip balm much less and fewer in the course of the day. My lips have all of the moisture they want and don’t ask for extra.
If I would like a touchup, I’ll use a thinner layer than at evening. If I placed on an excessive amount of, my lipstick tends to slip off – it’s THAT emollient.
I simply don’t like utilizing my finger to use it. Certain, it comes with its personal little spatula for a extra hygienic utility, however it’s essential to clear it after each use.
It’s simply simpler to make use of a lip balm that is available in a tube, know what I imply? However hey, when you’re not as lazy as me, you’re in for a deal with.
Who Is This For?
This lip balm is for individuals who have dry lips and want the additional bout of moisture. However, in case your pores and skin lips are very cracked, this gained’t be sufficient.
Who Is This NOT For?
In case your lips are in nice situation, you don’t want this. You’ll be able to nonetheless use it so as to add some further hydration or good sheen to your lips, it’s simply not vital.
The lip balm is available in a cute pink jar with a spatula. I often don’t like jars as a result of they’re not hygienic. When you don’t clear your fingers effectively earlier than utility (and who will be bothered on-the-go?), you threat introducing germs into the system. The spatula prevents that, it’s simply not as sensible to make use of as a tube.
Does Laneige Lip Sleeping Masks Dwell Up To Its Claims?
|It’s an in a single day lip care product that places the lips into the very best situation for make-up the subsequent morning.||True.|
|Really helpful for concern about dry chapped lips
To keep away from the effort of sporting lip balm.
Worth & Availability
Do You Want It?
I wouldn’t say want, however when you’re in search of a moisturising lip balm – and don’t thoughts the jar packaging -, this can be a nice choice to contemplate.
Dupes & Options
Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Phytosteryl / Isostearyl / Cetyl / Stearyl / Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Polybutene, Microcrytalline Wax / Cera Microcristallina / Cire Microcristalline, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Artificial Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Candelilla Cera / Cire De Candelilla, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer, Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer, Mica (CI 77019), Astrocaruym Murumuru Seed Butter, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Dimethicone, Perfume / Fragrance, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax / Cera Carnauba / Cire De Carnauba, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Crimson 6 (CI 15850), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Water / Aqua / Eau, Potassium Alginate, Propanediol, Glycerin, Alcohol, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Sapindus Mukorossi Fruit Extract, Vaccinum Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Extract, Espresso Arabica (Espresso) Seed Extract, Chenopodium Quinoa Seed Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Beta-Gluten, Manganese Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Ascorbyl Glucoside