Veganuary is right here! So, the possibilities are you’re looking out for brand spanking new vegan recipes. Whereas I’m not a vegan, a variety of my meals and snacks are vegan-friendly, and when you’ve learn my guide Eat Stunning, you’ll know that it’s filled with plant-based recipe concepts. Presently of yr, I really like warming spicy soups, and this spicy noodle soup with tofu is one in every of my favourites. It’s an incredible skin-boosting recipe, too.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
Vegan Recipes: Spicy Noodle Soup with Tofu
610 energy per serving
400g udon noodles
400ml tin of coconut milk
250ml vegetable inventory
1 tsp coconut oil
20 oyster mushrooms, finely sliced
8 sugar snap peas, halved
150g contemporary tofu, minimize into 2.5cm squares and dried on kitchen paper
FOR THE SPICE PASTE
2cm knob of contemporary root ginger, peeled and grated
2 lemongrass stalks (outer leaves eliminated), chopped
2 contemporary purple chillies, deseeded and chopped, plus further to garnish
3 shallots, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp floor turmeric
Pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp coconut oil
Recent Coriander leaves
Crushed uncooked peanuts
I really like including cubes of tofu to a noodle soup like this one: the gluten-free noodles and protein are sustaining, making me really feel full, whereas the soup itself is stuffed with attractive flavour from the chilli, turmeric and lemongrass. It’s a recipe that gives a splendidly warming, nutritious meal within the colder winter months – an incredible different for vegetarians, plus a lift to the fantastic thing about the pores and skin as effectively.
- Place all of the components for the spice paste in a meals processor and mix to a pulp.
- Prepare dinner the udon noodles in a saucepan of boiling water based on the packet directions and put aside to empty.
- Place a frying pan over a medium warmth, add the spice paste and fry for 2-3 minutes. Pour within the coconut milk and vegetable inventory and convey to the boil. Scale back the warmth and simmer for five minutes.
- Warmth the coconut oil in a separate frying pan over a medium warmth. Add the oyster mushrooms and fry over a medium warmth for 3 minutes or till softened.
- Add the mushrooms to the sauce within the first frying pan. Add the sugar snap peas, tofu and drained udon noodles to the sauce and stir effectively to mix.
- To serve, spoon into bowls and garnish every with contemporary coriander leaves, crushed peanuts, bean sprouts, lime wedges and chilli to style.
You’ll discover two vegan-friendly breakfast recipes right here, too
Purchase Eat Stunning
READ NEXT: Veganuary: Magnificence Manufacturers | Vegan Make-up I Love
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.