Millie and I like to bake. However anybody who shares a kitchen with a 3 yr outdated is aware of that you simply’ve gotta maintain issues quick and candy. There’s normally a 15-20 minute time-frame that she’s tremendous invested in, after which she’ll lookup at me and say Are we carried out but?!?!
This shortbread recipe is very easy to place collectively and whilst you may simply minimize it into rectangles with a knife or fast circles with the rim of a glass or jar, it’s also possible to mess around with shapes when you’ve got cookie cutters. We not too long ago inherited my mother’s cookie cutter assortment from my childhood, so Millie has been excited to play with them. Meals coloring and sprinkles are elective too!
Straightforward Shortbread Cookies
- 1 c unsalted butter, gentle however not melted
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cream butter and powdered sugar along with a mixer (I exploit my stand mixer).
- Add vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and salt, mixing totally.
- Combine dry substances into butter and sugar–do a number of additions, mixing properly between every.
- Separate and add meals coloring, if desired.
- Place dough on properly floured floor and knead to mix. Roll out and minimize into shapes, 1/4″-1/2″ thick. Sprinkles!
- Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 14-16 minutes at 350°F.
- Let cool on cooling wrack.
Nothing to reveal.