Alot of individuals suppose BBQs are all concerning the meat and the beer, however for me, alfresco eating is all about contemporary, seasonal meals and lightweight, wholesome meals. So, whether or not you’re internet hosting a giant BBQ for all your mates, otherwise you’re a visitor and wish to take one thing gentle and wholesome that everybody will love, the next two recipes ought to hit the spot! First up is the Wild Rice Salad recipe from my ebook Eat Lovely, which is at all times successful due to the nutty combination of the wild and brown rice. Subsequent is my Frozen Banana Lollies, additionally from my ebook, that are a beautiful summer time dessert different which have skin-benefiting substances and are simply as scrumptious as industrial ice lollies. They’re nice for exhibiting off to friends at a BBQ. Take pleasure in!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS
Wild Rice Salad
That is considered one of my good friend Dom’s signature dishes and it’s a actual winner. The beautiful nutty texture of untamed rice works so completely – an amazing addition to a summer time barbecue.
440 CALORIES PER SERVING
- Boil every rice in flippantly salted water following the packet directions. Drain and rinse beneath chilly water.
- In the meantime, toast the pistachios in a dry pan over a medium warmth for 2-3 minutes, tossing incessantly in order that they don’t burn. Take away and flippantly crush.
- Place the rice in a serving bowl, add the lemon juice, mint, rocket, garlic and dried fruit, and mix nicely.
- Drizzle over the oil, then season and sprinkle the toasted nuts excessive to serve.
Frozen Banana Lollies
102 CALORIES PER SERVING
400ml coconut or unsweetened almond milk
2 giant bananas, peeled
2 tbsp runny honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp shredded coconut
Handful of floor hazelnuts (or additional shredded coconut) for dipping
This frozen combination of mashed up banana, coconut cream and honey makes a gorgeously creamy deal with in the course of the summer time months. It’s simply as candy as a industrial iced lolly however with a pure and fascinating flavour with a number of skin-feeding actives as nicely.
- Pour half of the milk right into a meals processor and add the bananas, honey and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, then course of till clean.
- In a bowl, whisk collectively the remaining coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Divide the banana combination between six lolly moulds.
- Layer the coconut combination on prime of the banana combination, then go away in a freezer for at the very least 6 hours or till fully frozen.
- Take away the lollies from their moulds by dipping them in heat water for 10 seconds. Tip the bottom hazelnuts (or shredded coconut) right into a deep bowl, then dip the highest 5-8cm of every lolly into the nuts to coat.
- Place the lollies again within the freezer to set. They are going to be prepared after 5 minutes or everytime you fancy one.
© Wendy Rowe. All Rights Reserved.